Ashleigh created the rainbow White House iconography and visual system, celebrating the historic Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage across the U.S. in a way that allowed for mass public participation in Washington, DC and across the globe. Much of the content went viral, receiving millions of views each within the first twenty four hours, resulting in the most-retweeted White House animated GIF, most shared White House Facebook avatar, and most shared White House video until that point in time.
The above tweet sent by President Obama garnered 160,000 retweets and 120,000 favorites within an hour.
We amplified the lighting of the White House across White House social channels through photos, a live stream of the sun going down (allowing the lights to shine brighter), and in a time-lapse video.
Social Feedback Highlights
The White House
June 17-25, 2015
June 26, 2015
- Jeff Tiller
- Valerie Jarrett
- Ashleigh Axios: creative direction, design
- Alex Wall: social strategy, social media language
- Adam Garber: livestream and video
- James Hobbs: social design support
- Jillian Maryonovich: social design support & homepage hero design
- Pete Souza: photography
- Chuck Kennedy: photography
- Lindsay Holst: copywriting, web form
- Tanya Somanader: copywriting, blog
- David Hudson: copywriting, email
- Kori Shulman
- Jason Goldman